Inclusion and Diversity at Northern Michigan University
At Northern Michigan University we not only value diversity, we are actively working to create an inclusive environment on our campus. The diversity programs and initiatives at NMU are designed to support and enhance student, faculty, and staff interaction and to teach everyone the value that inclusion and diversity bring to an institution.
So what are we doing, and what can you expect at NMU?
- We have the Multicultural Education and Resource Center.
- We host the annual UNITED Conference.
- We have faculty, staff and students that comprise the Ethnic and Cultural Diversity Committee affiliated with ASNMU.
- We have nine diversity promotion groups. These student-run organizations range from the All Nations Club, the Black Student Union, the Native American Student Association, OUTLook and several more.
- Recent speakers on campus have included Bill Cosby, Maya Angelou, Edward James Olmos, Arun Gandhi and Daryl Davis - just to name a few.
By helping our students to recognize, support, celebrate and appreciate inclusion and diversity, we are helping to create future leaders who will continue to work to reduce prejudice, stereotyping and the harassment of all people.
Want more information? We hope you do! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.