- Faculty and Staff Orientation Week - one week prior to start of fall semester
- Promotion and Tenure Workshop - early fall semester
- Family Weekend - Weekend in October
- Make a Difference Day - Student participation in a nationwide volunteer day on a Saturday in October
- Faculty Awards and Celebration of Scholarship – early December
- New Student Orientation - Sessions held May through July
- Commencement - Fall and winter semesters on Saturday immediately following final exams
- Honors Breakfast - Commencement Saturday
- Celebration of Student Research, Creative Works, and Academic Service Learning - mid-April
- See specific dates at Committee on Undergraduate Programs and Graduate Programs Committee Web sites.
- September 15 - Applications to department head.
- September 29 - Departmental judgments and rankings to College Advisory Council (CAC) and dean (and approved applications to Office of Graduate Studies Research).
- October 6 - Appeals of department decisions must be received by CAC.
- October 21 - CAC and dean judgments and rankings to Faculty Review Committee (FRC).
- October 28 - Appeals of CAC and dean decisions must be received by FRC
- November 11 - FRC judgments and rankings to provost and vice president for Academic Affairs.
- November 18 - Announcement of sabbaticals by provost and vice president for Academic Affairs.
- November 29 - Final adjustment date for accommodated sabbaticals.
Promotion and Tenure
- October 1 - Faculty applications for tenure or promotion shall be forwarded to the department.
- November 15 - Departmental recommendations shall be forwarded to the College Advisory Council (CAC) by the department head if either one of them is positive.
- December 15 - CAC’s positive recommendations for tenure or promotion shall be submitted to the dean.
- February 1 - The dean shall submit the dean's positive recommendations for tenure or promotion to the Faculty Review Committee (FRC).
- March 8 - The FRC shall forward its positive recommendations for tenure or promotion to the provost and vice president for Academic Affairs.
- April 8 - The provost and vice president for Academic Affairs shall forward recommendations for tenure or promotion to the Board of Trustees.
- February 1 - The faculty member submits the evaluation to the departmental evaluation committee.
- April 1 - The departmental evaluation committee submits the evaluation to the department head.
- April 30 - The department head submits the departmental evaluations together with a statement of concurrence or nonconcurrence to the faculty member for review and comment.
- May 15 - The faculty member submits the signed evaluation to the department head with comments as appropriate.
- May 20 - The department head submits the faculty evaluations to the dean.
- June 30 - The dean signs the faculty evaluations and submits comments, if any, to the faculty member.
- September 15 - The faculty member may respond to any comments made by the dean.