Who is My Adviser?
If you have a declared major, your adviser is a faculty member from that academic area. If you are undeclared or on academic probation, your adviser will be a faculty or staff person who is specially trained to assist you. To find out the name of your adviser, follow these steps:
- Go into MyNMU – enter ID and password
- Click on Student Services tab
- Click on View General Student Record
- Select the appropriate term and submit
- Under General Student Record you’ll see the primary adviser
Once you select the term, your personal information will appear, including the name of your primary adviser.
Students who are undeclared or on academic probation are sent a letter early in each semester informing them of their adviser, office location and telephone number.